ABOUT THE PRODUCT
The search for best Yoga mats that are made of natural fiber (cotton yoga mats), are eco-friendly, anti-odor, and perfect for hot sweaty yoga sessions ends here. Read on to find more:
These Yoga mats are handwoven by our partner master artisans using natural cotton grown and cultivated here in India. These yoga mats have been woven over a period of three days and are sweat absorbent. They can be easily washed and last much longer than plastic or silicone mats. They get softer with use and are still sturdy.
*These yoga mats are eco-friendly, all thanks to the magic of natural fibers (cotton) which is lovingly handwoven. The more you practice, the more you sweat, the more sturdier they get.
ABOUT THE ANTI SKID BACKING:
There are three options available:
1. An all natural mat with no anti skid backing. These mats work well for carpeted areas. Excellent option if you want a completely natural, traditional cotton yoga rug with no latex/natural rubber. Specially good if you are sensitive to even slightest smell of rubber (even if it is natural without any chemicals)
2. Natural rubber coating: We use natural rubber to render an anti skid backing to our mats. The backing is all natural rubber and is free from any chemicals. The only downside being like all natural products the coating wears off after some time/usage/wash.
3. About the felt based anti-skid backing - Small rubber dots embedded on a felt fabric layer roll have been embedded with the woven cotton layer. This makes our mats almost anti skid on hard surfaces as the additional layer provides both thickness and weight to the mat.
Choose the backing that works the best for your practice.
* We make UNISEX products and being from the land of Yoga, we know how important it is to have a mat that provides you the right space to practice. Therefore, we weave our mats longer and wider 25” x 75”.
* Abhinehkrafts mats are adaptable and works well for most styles of yoga : Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Bikram, Hot Yoga, Kundalini, Yin, Prenatal, Restorative, Anusara and Vini-yoga. Even for normal fitness routines, or meditation sessions, we can recommend our mats. Cotton is a natural bio-degradeable material unlike microfiber which most yoga towels are made of. The washing of microfiber has been linked to the cause of massive plastic pollution to our oceans, air and drinking water. Therefore, when you do Yoga or meditation, you can feel the work of natural fibers and real craftsmen ship.
* These mats can be used for both indoor and outdoor practices. They weigh only 800 Grams and are easy to carry.
* We recommend using our mats with our handwoven Cotton blankets ( also available at our shop) for an additional comfort during practice.
* Wash care: Machine Washable on gentle cycle. Loves good sun. Please note, Cotton shrinks naturally and a slight shrinkage to the mat can be expected. Most recommended care - Hand-wash, sun dry and steam iron!
Made with Love & Care in India by Abhinehkrafts
To see more of our work and other lovely products, visit our
Etsy Shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Abhinehkrafts