Handwoven natural cotton mats that can be easily washed and cared for, they get softer with use and are still sturdy. These mats are good for travel, practicing outdoors or use them as rugs at the entryways.
*These yoga mats are handwoven using natural cotton indigenous to Indian terrain. The sturdiness of these mats comes from the thickness and the weave - these are thicker than our solid color mats and hence an excellent choice for advanced postures and routines. The non rubberized version will perform best on a carpeted surface and decently well on a wooden flooring with some additional layering. Choose the natural rubber back (which is a coating) version for sturdy grip on wooden and marble flooring.
* Color of the Mat: Multiple Options - Please select the one during the check out
* We make UNISEX products and being from the land of Yoga, we know how important it is to have a mat that provides you the right space to practice. Therefore, we weave our mats longer and wider 26” x 72”.
* Abhinehkrafts mats are adaptable and works well for most styles of yoga : Hatha, Vinyasa, Iyengar, Ashtanga, Bikram, Hot Yoga, Kundalini, Yin, Prenatal, Restorative, Anusara and Vini-yoga. Even for normal fitness routines, or meditation sessions.
* These mats can be used for both indoor and outdoor practices. They weigh only 1.3 Kilograms and can be easily rolled and carried.
* We have launched a natural rubber back and anti skid felt backing option for this mat - please select the type of backing at the checkout.
The mat with natural rubber back option comes with a pre-applied natural rubber coating on one of the side (which we call as back side) - This natural rubber has originated in Kerala and is used to render an anti-slip feel to the mat. It helps the mat stick to hard surfaces easily. It helps with advanced postures, hot yoga and other forms of intense exercise, yoga routine where a slipping mat can be a problem.
ABOUT THE OPTIONS AVAILABLE:
There are three options available:
1. An all natural mat with no anti skid backing. These mats work well for carpeted areas. Excellent option if you want a completely natural, traditional cotton yoga rug with no latex/natural rubber. Specially good if you are sensitive to even slightest smell of rubber (even if it is natural without any chemicals)
2. Natural rubber coating: We use natural rubber to render an anti skid backing to our mats. The backing is all natural rubber and is free from any chemicals. The only downside being like all natural products the coating wears off after some time/usage/wash.
3. About the felt based anti-skid backing - Small rubber dots embedded on a felt fabric layer roll have been embedded with the woven cotton layer. This makes our mats almost anti skid on hard surfaces as the additional layer provides both thickness and weight to the mat.
* This collection of mat is excellent for modern home decor (living room runner or entry way carpet)
* The handwoven weave on the mat renders firmer grip while practicing postures.
* We recommend using our mats with our handwoven organic cotton blankets ( also available at our shop) for an additional comfort during practice.
* These mats make a perfect gift for a 'Yogi' in your life too - A Yoga gift box is available in our gifts section on the Etsy store.
* Wash care: Machine Washable on gentle cycle but recommended care is hand-wash (Always preferred). Loves good sun.
Made with Love & Care in India by Abhinehkrafts
We are an India based boutique design brand that works with natural fibers to create pretty, functional, sustainable, and eco-friendly products dipped in the warmth of handmade and rich textile heritage of India. To know more about our work and products either visit our website or Etsy Store: